Boy, thank you for the more than 50 entries in the AMS app giveaway. I was tickled by your humor and touched by your enthusiasm for Asian cooking. The remarks ran the gamut and here are a few that caught my attention: (I’m paraphrasing and adding respones of my own.)
- Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before? [I'm sure I wasn't the first to think of this. I just had the opportunity to bring it to market.]
- I normally play charades with the Asian market staff [A new Cirque de Soleil show idea?]
- Maybe the app will help me avoid buying fermented black beans with a shard of rusty metal it in! [Sorry, can't help you with that one.]
- I’m a Viet college student, and my dad always coked, so now I’m on my own trying to learn how to cook on my own [Young people's keen interest in cooking may save our planet!]
- I have an Android phone… :( [Sorry, indeed!]
To pick the winners, I numbered the qualifying entries and then used Random.org to select 5 entries. [DRUM ROLL…] And the winners are:
- (#6) Anne
- (#14) Kelly
- (#30) Amanda
- (#43) Paul
- (#50) Tu Doan
I’ll be contacting those folks today to provide the low-down on how to redeem the Asian Market Shopper prize. Again, thanks for entering!
6/22/11 UPDATE: If you missed or would like another chance to win the AMS app, head to New Asian Cuisine's giveaway. The NAC site is a terrific portal for Asian recipes co-published by food marketing veteran Grace Niwa and author/blogger Jaden Hair (SteamyKitchen.com). To enter the NAC giveaway, you just have to let them know what Asian ingredient you'd like to learn more about! More details about the AMS giveaway on NAC...