Below is text from a booklet written by Didier Corlou, former executive chef of the Sofitel Metropole hotel and current chef/owner of Verticale restaurant in Hanoi. Published in 2003, the booklet came from a series of seminars organized by Chef Corlou and the European Commission to Vietnam to discuss the origins of pho noodle soup. Here's how the booklet is organized:
- Introduction - by Frederic Baron, Delegation of the European Commission to Vietnam
Art - Didier Corlou
- Pho soup recalls my childhood's flavor - Cultural meanings and emotional attachments to pho
- Portable Earthenware Stoves of Street Hawkers - French connection to pho
- Pho Recipe - by Didier Corlou
- Afterword - by Didier Corlou
This document is presented online with the permission of Didier Corlou.