Where there's a community of Vietnamese people, there's bound to be a Tet festival and food! Strategies for locating an event near you include:
- If you've got a sizable Viet community, check your local newspaper listings.
- Do an internet search for "Tet X year your city, region, state, etc.]" For example "Tet 2008 Sacramento"
- Check with university and college students belonging to the local chapter of the Vietnamese Student Association (VSA). Those organizations may have an event or two.
- Ask a Vietnamese person. For example, the person who does your nails! Or, people at a local Vietnamese restaurant.
- Attend a Chinese new year festival to get the feel for the lunar new year!